Growing Trees Chinese Academy 加州成长树中文学校
Authorized Testing Center
The Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi (HSK; Chinese: 汉语水平考试; pinyin: Hànyǔ Shuǐpíng Kǎoshì), translated as the Chinese Proficiency Test or the Chinese Standard Exam, is the standardized test of Standard Chineselanguage proficiency of China for non-native speakers such as foreign students and overseas Chinese.
1. 纸笔考试（Paper-based Test）
2. 网络考试*（Internet-based Test）
HSK Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK)
Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK), an international standardized test of Chinese language proficiency, assesses non-native Chinese speakers’ abilities in using the Chinese language in their daily, academic and professional lives.
HSK consists of six levels, namely HSK (level I), HSK (level II), HSK (level III), HSK (level IV), HSK (level V), and HSK (level VI).
2. Test Levels
The correspondence between HSK levels and the International Chinese Proficiency Standards is shown in the table below:
Test takers who are able to pass the HSK (Level I) can understand and use very simple Chinese phrases, meet basic needs for communication and possess the ability to further their Chinese language studies.
Test takers who are able to pass the HSK (Level II) have an excellent grasp of basic Chinese and can communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
Test takers who are able to pass the HSK (Level III) can communicate in Chinese at a basic level in their daily, academic and professional lives. They can manage most communication in Chinese when traveling in China.
Test takers who are able to pass the HSK (Level IV) can converse in Chinese on a wide range of topics and are able to communicate fluently with native Chinese speakers.
Test takers who are able to pass the HSK (Level V) can read Chinese newspapers and magazines, enjoy Chinese films and plays and give a full-length speech in Chinese.
Test takers who are able to pass the HSK (Level VI) can easily comprehend written and spoken information in Chinese and can effectively express themselves in Chinese, both orally and on paper.
HSK follows the principle of "combination of examination and teaching". The design of the examination is closely integrated with the current international Chinese teaching situation and the use of teaching materials.
HSK pays attention to the objective and accurate evaluation and attaches more importance to the development of candidates' Chinese application ability.
HSK formulates clear test objectives, which makes it easier for candidates to plan and effectively improve their ability to use Chinese.
HSK has become a passport to study in China, a necessary condition for applying for a scholarship to study in China, and an important means of school evaluation. HSK has been more and more government departments and multinational companies as an important basis for employee recruitment, salary increase, and promotion.
The HSK score is an authoritative proof of Chinese proficiency. Candidates can log in to the Chinese test service website one month after the test is finished to check the results, also they can contact the test site to obtain the HSK score report issued by the Confucius Institute Headquarters (Hanban).
Congrats to Growing Trees® Students' Success in the HSK TEST
All GT Students Scored 90%+
* AP中文考试的优异成绩，可以让孩子在大学期间免修外语。美国AP考试成绩经统考取得，含金量高，成绩公认。如果学生修完课程并通过由AP组织举办的美国AP考试，就可以在大学免修所通过的AP课程 。
AP Chinese Test
1 Exam time: Middle of May each year
2 Exam score: 1~5 (5 is highest)
3 Examination: The examination is divided into four parts: listening, speaking, reading and writing.
The exam covers knowledge of life, culture, society, and relationships. There is a computer in front of each student, and all the exam content is presented to the students through the computer.
4 Exam purposes: The AP Chinese test scores have two usages.
* You can have more than one AP test score, and excellent scores can be used for your child's college application. Excellent academic achievement is the first step for your child to enter the ideal university.
* AP Chinese exams excellent score can allow children to skip foreign language class during college. The results of the US AP test have been obtained through the unified examination, with high gold content and recognized achievements. If the student completes the
course and passes the AP exam organized by the AP, they can skip the AP course in university.
2 考试等级：SAT I / SAT II 满分800分
想的大学。学生申请大学时可以直接要求college board 直接将成绩发给所申请的大学。
5 考试类型：SAT考试主要分为两中。SAT I和SAT II。
* SAT I成绩是进入美国排名前50的学校所必须要准备的，而且很多学校是有单项的分数要求的。
* SAT II成绩则是在美国部分顶尖大学才会要求，一般排名都在前20，所以不是所有的考生都需要考SAT II. 所以，一般
来讲，考生需要参加SAT I考试，而SAT II考试，则需要考生根据自己的目标学校的要求准备。
SAT Chinese Test
1 Exam time: the first Saturday of November each year
2 Exam level: SAT I / SAT II (800 is the highest score)
3 Examination: The examination is divided into three parts: listening, grammar and reading.
4 Exam purposes: It is a regular university entrance examination for the American College Board.
SAT test score, it is an important basis for American universities. A high score gives students the opportunity to enter an ideal university. When students apply to the university, they can request the college board to send the score to the university they are applying for.
5 Exam type: The SAT is divided into two main areas. SAT I and SAT II.
* In general, SAT I scores must be prepared for entry into the top 50 schools in the United States, and many schools have individual score requirements.
* The SAT II scores are only required in some top universities in the United States, and the general rankings are in the top 20. Therefore, not all candidates need to take SAT II. In general, candidates need to take the SAT I exam. Students need to take the SAT II exam base on your own target school requirements.